<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: DIY - Embroider Your Own Handwriting

The Pink Samurai

Monday, July 29, 2013

DIY - Embroider Your Own Handwriting


This is a quick and easy project that I whipped up while I was making my kittens.  I hope you like it!

SUPPLIES
  • Paper
  • Light colored fabric
  • Embroidery Hoop (I got mine at Salvation Army for .25!) 
  • Disappearing Ink pen (check in the sewing section of your craft store)
  • Sharpie



  1. Gather your supplies and trace the inside of your hoop.  The way you know how much room you're working with.
  2. Write our your quote, lyric, name, or whatever you want* in that space with your Sharpie.  I had to write it out a few times before I got something I really liked.  I always end up writing like a 5 year old when I need to use it for something :P Just keep tracing your circle if you need! 
  3. Then place your fabric on top of your writing and trace over that with your disappearing ink pen.
  4. Toss it in your hoop and get to stitchin'!  If the disappearing ink starts to fade too quickly, you can always touch it up as you go.  And I forgot to photograph the floss with the supplies, but there's tons of floss at your local craft store I'm sure.  Or you could check out Jenny Hart's shop for her gorgeous floss.  
I added a running stitch around the edge that used all three colors I chose and I couldn't be happier with the result!  You can leave it in the hoop and trim the edges and glue them to the back of the hoop.  or you could frame it in regular frame.  If you use a different shape, I would trace that and use it as your template, then just use the hoop for stability as you work.  I think a big one with a giant quote or poem, with lots of embellishment would be so fun!  

*Mine is a lyric from my favorite Neko Case song.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home